How to Care for Leather Seats
You’ll find premium, hand-stitched leather upholstery on models throughout the new Jaguar lineup, from the Jaguar XE to the Jaguar F-TYPE. But what are some leather seat tips that can help you keep your leather upholstery in excellent condition? Find out here with help from the team at Jaguar Santa Monica.
Before You Start Cleaning Your Leather Seats
Before you clean the leather interior of your Jaguar or other vehicle, there are a few things to note. If your vehicle’s seats have perforated leather upholstery, then it’s best to avoid spraying any kind of liquid leather cleaning product onto the surface. Also, make sure to take a look at your vehicle owner’s manual for manufacturer suggestions for cleaning your leather seats.
Tips for Caring for Leather Seats
- Prepare the Seats – Before you apply any cleaner to the seats – or the leather upholstery on the interior of your Jaguar generally – it’s important to vacuum away all debris and remove any smaller pieces of dirt and grime. For a thorough vacuuming job, a vacuum at the gas stations around Pacific Palisades or Brentwood will do the trick.
- Clean the Seats – Now that the interior of your Jaguar is clean, it’s time to clean the seats. Use a brush and cleaner to clean deep into the seats, rubbing in a circular motion. Don’t rub too hard, but also make sure you’re abrasive enough on the leather to get deep into the pores.
- Wipe the Seats – There will be a foamy, dirty liquid left after you’ve used your cleaning agent. Wipe this away with a cloth or paper towel. For optimal shine on your Jaguar, perform this step (and steps 1 and 2) every few months.
- Condition the Seats – Leather should be conditioned from time to time in order to keep it in like-new condition. Use a pH neutral, water-based conditioner – preferably one recommended by Jaguar or the experts at your local dealership. Perform a spot test to make sure the conditioner doesn’t damage the seats, and rub in the conditioner with a microfiber cloth.
- Let the Conditioner Cure – Allow the conditioner to cure in a garage or shaded place for at least 12 hours, after which you can wipe off any remaining conditioner. Soon, the interior of your Jaguar will sparkle and shine.
Rely on Jaguar Santa Monica for Luxury Car Care
The team at Jaguar Santa Monica is committed to helping you keep your luxury vehicle in excellent condition for years to come. Check out our luxury car care tips here, and count on the factory-trained and certified Jaguar technicians at our dealership near Pacific Palisades for all your Jaguar service needs, even on how your brakes work. Contact our staff with any questions on how to care for your Jaguar.
Latest Tips from Jaguar Santa Monica
Are you passionate about customer service and thrive in a fast-paced automotive environment? We are seeking a dedicated individual to join our team as an Automotive Service Support professional. In this role, you will play a crucial part in ensuring a seamless service experience for our customers. Main Duties: Loaner Reservation Management: Handle the reservation…
Looking for a full-time career with excellent advancement potential, you will find it all at Jaguar Land Rover Santa Monica. We have an immediate opening for a service porter. You will be working at our Jaguar Land Rover Santa Monica service department located on Olympic Blvd. Highly rated work/life balance and an opportunity to work…
Automotive Service Advisor Looking for a full-time career with excellent advancement potential, you will find it all at Jaguar Land Rover Santa Monica. We have an immediate opening for a service advisor. You will be working at our Jaguar Land Rover Santa Monica service department located on Olympic Blvd. Our company is very busy and…