How to Charge a Jaguar I-PACE
Ever wondered how to charge an electric car? Electric vehicles like the all-new Jaguar I-PACE, give you the option of charging at home or at on-the-go at public charging points around Pacific Palisades. Learn more at Jaguar Santa Monica, then find a new Jaguar I-PACE for sale near you and learn more about I-PACE models and available electric vehicle tax incentives!
How Does Electric Car Charging Work?
Electric cars have a lithium-ion battery that powers the vehicle’s electric motor, and like any other battery, it needs to be charged after a while. The Jaguar I-PACE 90 kWh battery has up to 234 miles of range, so you could take a long day trip out of Santa Monica worry-free.
Things to know about I-PACE charging:
- Cabin climate, driving habits, traffic, and extreme temperatures can affect the charge level.
- The I-PACE charge point is located behind the driver-side front wheel arch, and when plugged in you can leave the vehicle to charge. It will stop charging when full charge is reached.
- The charging system is self-contained, so it’s safe to charge outside even in rain and snow.
- To save your battery, use the cabin pre-conditioning function while your I-PACE is still plugged in.
- While driving, Eco Mode helps preserve the I-PACE range by making changes to the vehicle’s performance systems, cabin temperature, and more.
Jaguar I-PACE Home Charging
When it comes to charging at home, you can either use a normal 120-volt domestic outlet, or you can have a Jaguar-approved home charger installed for faster charging.
- Domestic Socket Charger: Charging overnight can typically cover an average 30-mile daily commute.
- Jaguar Home Charger: Get 0-80% charge in 10 hours, or 100% charge in 12 hours.
- Cost to Charge: To estimate the cost of fully charging your Jaguar I-PACE at home, multiply the rate you are charged per kWh as indicated on your electric bill by 90 since the I-PACE has a 90 kWh battery.
Public Charging Stations Near Malibu
AC and rapid DC charge points are available at primo parking spots in public places like parking garages, gyms, movie theaters, and malls. DC chargers especially are a great fast charging option when you are out and about or departing for a long drive around Brentwood.
- The common 50 kW DC rapid chargers can provide 0-80% charge in 85 minutes.
- 100 kW DC rapid chargers offer a faster charge rate, delivering 0-80% charge in 45 minutes.
- Local charging points will be indicated in the I-PACE Navigation System.
Experience the I-PACE at Jaguar Santa Monica
Learn more about Jaguar I-PACE features and dimensions, or compare electric vehicles like the Jaguar I-PACE vs. Tesla Model X, and contact us for a test drive when you are ready to witness this cutting-edge technology in person.
Learn More at Jaguar Santa Monica
Starting at $61,600 MSRP, the thrilling new 2021 Jaguar F-TYPE offers sport-style front seats in premium leather in both the coupe and convertible body styles, best-in-class technology features, and a carefully-crafted interior that has industry experts and consumers alike singing its praises. Explore the new Jaguar F-TYPE interior when you visit our team at…
Searching for a one-of-a-kind luxury compact SUV to recharge your day-to-day Malibu drives? The E-PACE delivers SUV muscle, efficiency, premium performance, and the high-end interior features you’d expect from a Jaguar. Read below for a closer look at the 2020 Jaguar E-PACE interior — from a long list of premium standard features, luxurious upgrades, and…
Are you interested in the 2020 Jaguar F-TYPE? This luxury car has five configurations, from a chic coupe to the sporty convertible. Explore the different Jaguar F-TYPE trim levels and standard features to find the vehicle best suited for you. After exploring the Jaguar F-TYPE configurations, get in touch with our sales team and…